Applications to the Online RN-BSN Completion Program are due by eight weeks prior to the start of the entering semester. Following confirmation of admission requirements, the full-time student starting Fall or Spring Semester or Summer Session can complete the program in 3 semesters (full-time) or 5 semesters (part-time). Classes are typically small, which allows for an individualized approach to learning. Both full-time and part-time study are available.
Applicants to the Online RN-BSN Completion Program must submit the following documents. No nursing proficiency or placement tests are required.
- A completed Application for Admission (link to the online application).
- A non-refundable, one-time $30 application fee (payable by credit card online; by check or money order made payable to Mount Carmel College of Nursing or calling the Business Office).
- A non-refundable $100 processing fee for each application (billed by the Business Office).
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary academic work. Transcripts must be submitted directly to Mount Carmel College of Nursing, Online RN-BSN Completion Program.
- A current and unrestricted RN license.
- Evidence of successful completion of all required prerequisite coursework. Registered nurse students may be admitted to Mount Carmel College of Nursing after they have completed 52 semester credits in general education, including Basic Statistics (or 49 semester credits without Basic Statistics), in addition to 32 semester credits in nursing.
- A minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA in prior coursework
- If applying for admission while still enrolled in prerequisite courses, a statement of expected completion dates for the courses is required.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing does not issue Immigration Form I-20 from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Therefore, the College is not eligible to accept new or transfer international students who need I-20 credentialing. The College welcomes international applicants who do not require an I-20 clearance.
International transcripts must be evaluated by an international transcript evaluation service. The evaluation must be sent directly from the credentialing service to MCCN. Click here for a specific list of accepted National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members.
Priority consideration is given to applicants from NLNAC accredited pre-licensure nursing programs. MCCN will evaluate applicant packages and may consider admission for those from non-NLNAC accredited pre-licensure nursing programs on an individual basis.
Application and correspondence related to admission to the Online RN-BSN Completion Program should be directed to:
Program Admission Advisor
||Mount Carmel College of Nursing
127 South Davis Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43222-1504
|Phone (614) 234-1176
Fax (614) 234-2875